Saturday, 9 March 2013

Breaking the Fourth Wall

 Today is the 9th of March. Today I bought Aida, zips, lace, bobbins, elastic, two fat quarters, felt, and a fleecy fabric remnant from Lincraft. I'm excited about the Aida - I can finally do that inspirational cross-stitch I've been planning in my head for a long time.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided that I want to be accountable for the tasks that I set myself. I want to actually make my way through the things on my seemingly never-ending to-do list. I also want to document that progress for myself, so that I can look back over these posts and be able to say "Oh, yes, I did that, and I did that then."


I don't have a very good memory, and I've never known why. It bothers me, so I want to do something about it. I've already made a really good start this year - I've written an entry into my diary every single night. Its important for me to record what happened that day so that I keep those experiences, instead of them disappearing into the ether.
I'm hoping this blog will expand on my diary. What I want, is a way to show myself, in a clean and organised manner, what I've managed to accomplish. Big things, small things. I want a timeline.


I'm excited about this. I think it will really help to tie my goals to something visual.


 Also, I made biscuits the other day. I iced them with milk chocolate and dark chocolate. They were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment