Friday, 10 January 2014

Wee Little Elephants

I made a friend a purple pencilcase for Christmas, to go with the purple diary I got her, and it turned out so well that I decided I wanted to make one (or two!) for myself.
I don't have much need for a pencilcase though, so these are for sewing notions.

 I used a beautiful elephanty fat quarter that I picked up at Spotlight. I'm not usually into fabrics like this but it caught my eye so I took it home on a whim, and I'm so glad I did!

I lined them with another elephanty fat quarter from the same line, and used the lining fabric for the tabs as well.

  The big one is a reasonable size, but the small one is almost useless (but very cute). Any smaller and it would make an adorable zipper pull for a backpack. As it is, it can hold four bobbins, but not much else.

 I think they look lovely, and that I'm going to have to make a matching pincushion and needlebook for myself!
They're done without a zipper foot, too; I think they came out very well despite that. A zipper foot, walking foot and new needles are on my list!





No comments:

Post a Comment